Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rochester and helping dad

Last weekend Kirk, Lera, Grace and I went to visit Grandma Puttmann in Rochester, MN. She had surgery on her back. She is doing well. Had part of the surgery last Friday, then Tuesday, and are finishing up Thursday. She continues to be in our prayers, but all reports have been good. Grace and Johanna had fun reading books with Grandpa Puttmann. It was good entertainment since there were a lot of things that they could not do (like push all the buttons on Grandma's bed!). Video of Grace and Johanna playing in the hotel room (Alicia, Brett,and Johanna spent the night - so we took advantage of their room). Sorry about turning the camera half way through - I always forget that I don't have the ability to switch that (or at least I don't know how).


The hotel had a pool, so Alicia bought Grace and Johanna a swim suit in case we decided to go swimming. We didn't, but we had them model their suits for us anyway.

I wanted to take a picture of the back, so I asked them to put their nose on the wall. They both did it, but Grace also stuck out her behind. It was pretty funny.

More peek-a-boo. That just doesn't get old (for a 1 year old). :)

Pretty funny picture of Grandpa Puttmann - he does love playing with his granddaughters!

Alicia bought cover-ups to go with the suits as well. They were very cute. Doesn't Grace look very grown up in the picture below?


Almost everyday when Grace and I come home from work we go visit dad in the shop. Sometimes he lets her 'help' with something. Today she got to sit "up high" and help with the light. She was quite thrilled.



I still get on Kirk for teaching her this fake smile. I'm not sure when I will ever get a normal smile in a picture again. Every time she sees the camera, out comes her "cheese" look. :)

No comments: