Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kendra's wedding, Black Hills trip, and home again!

Grace being silly in the car.  She put her glasses on upside down.  We are still working on the consistency with the glasses. 
 
Kendra got married!  What a beautiful  bride.  Here is our traditional roommates picture:  Chrissy Oelbeg, me, Kendra Wilcox, and Stacy Marcus.  I love you  sisters!
  
Stacy took the girls for a dip in the pool after breakfast.  They loved it!!
 
I took a vacation with no hubby and no kids to the Black Hills.  There were lots of family and friends there, and of course our horses to keep us entertained for the week.  The girls stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Puttmann, and Kirk stayed home to work  (go ahead and feel sorry for him!).  I really enjoyed the trip!  My black horse, named "Black Horse" was real good to me!
  
The day I took these pictures we ended up on an 8.5 hour ride (I think it was around 20 miles, but I don't remember for sure).  It was really fun!  We got "lost",  and kept plowing through some pretty rough  areas to find the way out.  I can't really explain the day in words, but it was a one of a kind day!
 
Torren broke his arm... but he didn't let it slow him down.  What a trooper!
  
We enjoyed lots of trail rides and  a swim  in the  river.  I remember swimming in this same spot the very first time I went to the Hills.  I think I was 6 or 7 then.  This picture is Brade, Mickayla and myself jumping, with Addison in the water waiting for us.  
  
We enjoyed the typical  wildlife from the Black Hills... Buffalo, antelope, deer, burrows, and one trail riding group even saw an elk.
   
Great smiles for a picture with Grandma!
 
On Thursday we finally made it home.  The girls were so happy to be home... and so was I.  We had a great time, but it is always nice to get back to  normal...whatever normal is with a 1 year old and a 3 year old :).  
 
And the girls were so happy to be home to wrestle with  dad!

No comments: