Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween plus!

What Grace does - Sophia wants to do also... Here the girls are playing dress up.  When Grace plays dress up, she refuses to wear her glasses.  "Princesses don't wear glasses."  So - I need you to find me a princess book/movie/picture - where the princess is wearing glasses.  Grace as also talked lately about things being "not cool".  Ugh...she's only 3!

Dad helped with bath time last night!  How cute is this picture!?!



Grace has to do chores around the house - and has to do extra chores to watch a movie.  Monday night she wanted to try vacuuming.  You have no idea how exciting it is to me that she may become my vacuumer!

This is not one bit of a flattering picture of me - but you can see how much my girls were loving trick-or-treating.  This picture was taken with about 2 houses to go - and they were still going strong!  It really was a fun night.

With the exception of last year (when we were visiting northwest Iowa) - I have only trick-or-treated with the Flemings.  This year - we meet at their house, took a picture - and then split up rather quickly.  The Fleming kids and the Puttmann kids definitely don't travel at the same pace.  Kirk was able to join us, though, so the four  of us (Kirk, me, Grace, and Sophia) had a really nice evening.  I hope I have Kirk convinced to join us every year!
Oh (in case you can't tell) Sophia is a little ladybug, Grace was Cinderella.  Ana (behind) and Abby were Indian princesses, and David was a giant Lego.  Quite the group!


 Grace and I struggled throughout the day a bit with her costume.  She had changed her mind about 100 times, and I was really starting to loose my patience with that.  So - we pinned down Cinderella the morning of trick-or-treating (Saturday, October 30).  HOWEVER... she refused to wear tights, or any clothing underneath the VERY light weight Cinderella dress.  I finally gave up (nice parenting, huh?), and let her do it her way - even with the most uncomfortable dress up "glass slippers."  And - it was actually pretty nice out - so she did great.  I continued to ask her through out the night if she wanted her coat, or if she wanted to change shoes... I'm sure you know the answer... she lasted all night in JUST her Cinderella dress. 

Definitely not an expert on those jack-o-lanterns.  But - they seemed to satisfy the girls.  Grace wanted round eyes and a tongue sticking out.  And she wanted Sophia's to have teeth.  :)

No comments: