Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Finally updating...hopefully before I lost all my followers :)

For some reason these pictures came in a very random order, and instead of trying to adjust that, I'll just try to caption each of them.  Here has been our last month...

 Sophia wearing Torren's ISU football helmet.
This past weekend (following a trip to Oklahoma) we were able to spend a quick night with the Johnson's in St. Joe, MO.  Grace and Sophia (and Elijah) loved the time to play with there cousins, and both cried when it was time to go.  We definitely don't do that enough.
Thanks for letting us visit Matt & Becky!
 Elijah full of blue eyes and smiles (I think this was from the beginning of August).
 The kids and I met Alicia and Johanna in Iowa City for a fun play date.  Here are a few pictures of Sophia, Grace, and Johanna.


This picture of Elijah is so funny!  Crazy hair and bug eyes :).  I love this boy!
 The kids and I also went to my parents house for a few days.  This picture must be from that trip because this is a blanket from there.  Then the girls stayed a few extra days with Grandma and Grandpa Puttmann.  Fun was had by all (I think).
 Elijah = future cowboy?  Maybe :)
 Grace and Sophia found a caterpillar.
 All three kids got on the horse - and enjoyed the ride!  Here is Grandpa Frank with Grace on an "ok" horse Jayhawk.  And me and Sophia on the BEST horse named Black Horse. :)
 Elijah thought Black Horse was the best too.

Addison, Grace, and Sophia showing off in the girls' new bunk beds.  Aren't they awesome!
 Grandma Jenny brought my girls back to me and brought Addison and Brady along too.  The cousins had a good time playing while mom and I got quite a bit of house work done.
 Now we are back to the Oklahoma trip - which was mostly a business trip for Kirk, but the kids and I decided to tag along.
 In the hotel in Tulsa - ready to head to the swimming pool!



 The girls slept in the same bed - I wasn't sure how it was going to work, but all three nights they made it till morning.  Kirk did have to put a pair of his jeans down the middle to make a Grace side and a Sophia side.  Obviously once they fell asleep the line meant nothing to them.  Aren't they so cute! ;)


 We made a trip to the zoo one morning - we had a great time but it was quite hot.  We went early (and got half price emission because of it) and were done by about noon.  We took lots of water, and really didn't get too hot.  I was glad to have the double stroller, though!





 We even splurged and took the train ride - I love my family :).
And we finished up with a petting zoo.

Well - that concludes the Puttmann's summer.  Tomorrow I start school.  Kind of sad to end such a fun summer.  And my stomach is already a little uneasy for the first day of school - I can't believe how nervous I still get for the first day!

No comments: