What a day we had celebrating my Grace's 5th birthday. Can you believe she is 5!!! This first picture is not from today, but is from yesterday when they were playing in their swimsuits. It was just too cute to pass up.
But here starts the birthday celebration. Let me just start with the beginning of the day. When I went in to tell the girls that it was 7:00, and therefore time that they could get up, they were already giddy with excitement. Sophia was singing "happy birthday" over and over again, and Grace was saying "I'm 5, I'm 5" over and over again. Pretty cute. Then they got to watch an episode of My Little Ponies on Netflix (definitely a favorite right now), while I put some of those biscuit like cinnamon rolls in the over (cheating, I know :) ). Then Grace opened her presents and we ate rolls. Then Kirk and Omar went out to work and the rest of us got ready for our day. Elijah spent the day at Tonia's so that we could have a Girls' Day Out. So no Elijah pictures in this post :(. I didn't tell the girls were we were going, it was just a Girls' Day Adventure. Our first stop was Build-A-Bear Workshop at the Coralridge Mall. We had never been there before, but the girls loved it, of course. They each picked out a really cute bear. Grace got to pick out a dress to go on her bear, and Sophia got to pick out a shirt for hers. Both were very adorable!
Then they played for a while at the play place there in the mall. Always a good source of fun and entertainment (no pictures from that).
Then the girls got to get their toenails painted, flowered, and glittered. It was so cute, and they loved it! I am hoping to get in for a pedicure sometime this summer....it is so relaxing for me!
We had lunch at Chick Fil-A - always a favorite of mine! The like it also, but if they really had their choice we would have been at McDonald's. :) (no pictures from eating either).
Before we left the mall - we road on the Carousel. My girls always ask to ride, and I never have taken the time or money to let them do so. To be honest, it is so not worth the $2 per child that it costs, but for special occasions like today, it was perfect. They really loved it!
And a girls' day out wouldn't be complete with out a hair cut. Both Grace and Sophia got their hair shortened up a bit by our good friend Shannon.
We ended the day by doing a few sparklers (left over from last 4th of July) on the deck, then chatting with some special people in bed. Grace says it was "the best day ever." She is so special to us, I'm glad she enjoyed her fun filled day!
No comments:
Post a Comment