Well, the teacher in the house was pretty excited to have a snow day (since we kind of saw it coming, I gave my tests yesterday). However, the kindergartner was less happy to miss her party at school today. She got over it quickly with the excitement of the snow outside. The house was filled with screechy giggles this morning from all three kids about the snow. It was funny to see Elijah so excited, because I'm guessing he didn't remember it, just noticed how excited his big sisters were.
I tried to talk them into waiting till after lunch to play in the snow so the wind would die down, but they were having nothing of that. I told them if they would get the snow clothes on themselves we would go out. Everything was found and put on (except Grace left her mittens at school so had to wear her clothes, and Sophia must have left her hat at Julie's, so had to wear a spare). Elijah has snow boots on his Christmas list, so he got to wear the pink and purple ones from the girls when they were littler. He didn't mind :).
They had a blast in the snow! We don't have much snow yet, but it is still coming, and the wind is really blowing it around!Most of the time we played by or in dad's new shop. Much less wind, and still some snow. I was all for staying out of the wind!
Snow angels.
And (according to my kids) the best part of new snow... eating it! :)
The walk back to the house was pretty miserable - the snow/ice was blowing at our faces. I think the thought of that misery will keep them inside until the wind dies down (which I think is supposed to be this afternoon). I'm glad we went out and took some quick pictures of the first snow - but I was so ready to be back in and drink hot chocolate :). Now, on to the laundry.
No comments:
Post a Comment