My good friend Melissa had a beautiful little (big) girl on Nov 29. My kids are just as much in love with Keilah now that she is outside of Melissa's tummy as they were when she was still inside. That baby belly got more hugs and kisses then any I have seen :). (Side note - Grace looks so different to me without her glasses on.)
So, why doesn't Grace have her glasses on? Because her sister was checking them out. Sophia looks so different with glasses on :). More baby love!
And when there is a camera in use - Elijah usually wants to get in the action.
Tired girls. It made me smile how the girls are sleeping the same way in their car seats. This might have been the night we made a quick trip to the mall after school to buy the adopt-a-family gifts for my seminar. Then we stopped by to see Santa as well. We left Iowa City around 7:00, so it was good they fell asleep on the way home since it was a school night. The Santa visit was mostly a success. Not too much waiting in line. Grace gave Santa enough hugs for the other 2 who didn't want to. Sophia said "Merry Christmas Santa" as we were leaving, but wouldn't say anything else. They changed the rule on pictures - you have to take them from outside the gate, and since I was by myself, I have no pictures. Sorry.
Friday afternoon - making a gingerbread house. (We were home because Elijah got sick at the baby sitter so I came home early with the kids.)
Sophia has a short attention span - she can't look at the camera long enough for me to take a picture of her looking. Although I love how she looks up to her sister.
Above is Grace's sides, and below is Sophia's. (They each got one side of the roof and two sides.)
Elijah was feeling better when he woke up from his nap.
Sunday was the Christmas program at Church, and Sophia was soooo excited to wear her new Christmas dress. I love the look on her face in this first one :).
And she wanted me to get her shoes in the picture for this one.
Grace with shoes.
And just being cute.
Elijah looked so cute in his little sweater vest.
And even had a smile most of the day.
These two girls love each other so much!
I love my family! Sophia, Grace, Elijah, and Kirk - before church.
The girls got sick on Sunday night (through the night). Kirk is so good at cleaning up throw up in the night. I typically take the kid, and he takes the environment. I definitely have the better deal there. Sophia got sick first, and so we put a bucket by Grace. She woke up and used the bucket - so there was no mess with her. It was a pretty sad night. For a while we had all 5 of us in our queen bed. Then Elijah and I went down to the couch to sleep. He was awake (happy awake) for way too long.
So the girls stayed home from school Monday. But were feeling better as the day went on. As I was getting everybody up Tuesday morning for school, Elijah started to throw up again. So, the girls went to school, but I stayed home in the morning with Elijah and Kirk watched him in the afternoon.
Kirk took this picture of him with his throw up bucket. He must have been feeling a better. Actually he ate lunch and supper and seemed to be all better. But I got a call today (Wednesday), that he threw up after his nap, so another short day at school for me.
We definitely have questionable weather going on, so school for tomorrow is not real likely. Some of my students blessed me Christmas presents. Here's one large and amazing gift that a student made for me. It is to measure my kids at different ages. You know what I mean? Instead of marking it on a wall or a door, here is a board that could move if necessary. I love it! And appreciate it and all the other gifts from my great students. So sweet.
My guess is Christmas updates will be next. Have I mentioned that I love Christmas :).
No comments:
Post a Comment